Renew Your Self Confidence
"Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings." -Samuel Johnson
As a career coach one of the questions I'll ask is about being a self-confident person, especially on the job. When I hear an uncertain response, I know there is work to do. Self-confidence is not about having an ego, rather it is based upon a self-belief that you can perform the required job tasks, make decisions with ease, and you trust yourself to be able to handle most situations.
For someone that has too much self-confidence they may find they are setting themselves up for failure as they will likely find less cooperation from coworkers when it is needed. In other words, people with too much confidence may discover that this attitude has alienated their coworkers. Overall, self-confidence can be described as being self-assured, while using self-control to keep that belief in check. It also means that you approach your job with an attitude of being ready and prepared.

Comments
Post a Comment